Arthralgia is an acute joint pain that may occur suddenly or may be aggravated with the passage of time. However, symptoms of arthralgia may occur regularly or at certain times:
- Burning sensation
- Severe pain or tenderness in the fingers
- Redness, warmth or swelling
- Disabilities in joints
- Headache or fever
- Tingling or strange sensations
If you experience any of these symptoms, Teyder, experts in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, recommends go to the doctor to get an accurate diagnosis and use specialized orthosis for arthralgia, as our Prot Point Elastic hand brace. If arthralgia symptoms are bleeding or fever, call emergency: fatal complications are rare in arthralgia, but better safe than sorry.
Causes of arthralgia
Arthralgia may develop due to different causes:
- Injuries related to bones, joints, tendons or nerves without orthosis protection.
- Arthritis of various types: the most common cause.
- Infectious diseases such as hepatitis, influenza, measles, mumps, or mononucleosis.
- Causes such as tendonitis, bursitis or spondylitis.
- Side effects of medication.
- Lupus erythematosus (disorder involving the fact that body attacks its own healthy cells and tissues).
- Tumours of bones, joints or soft tissues.
Although the main causes of arthralgia are the previous ones, other factors influencing the chance of developing arthralgia, such as age, obesity, older lesions of joints or overexertion of joints without orthosis. Therefore, orthosis are recommended both for prevention as for protection of arthralgia.
Hand arthralgia treatment
Arthralgia treatment depends on the cause of joint pain, so that even though a personalized diagnosis is needed, it is important to relieve joint pain with painkillers or anti-inflammatories other than narcotics, in addition to using appropriate orthosis to avoid aggravating the injury and include therapeutic massages in the treatment of arthralgia.
In milder cases, Teyder recommends the use of a hand brace as the orthosis of Prot Point Elastic and, for severe arthralgia is necessary to use other hand orthosis adapted to your needs.
Whatever your injury is, consult your doctor the use of braces or orthosis and Teyder, experts in Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, will offer you what you are looking for.