Neck pain is very common in people of all ages due to postural problems and daily activities that cause muscle strain and tension and poor posture when sitting, bending unduly, abrupt gestures and bad sleeping position or even spend many hours still.
Normally, neck pain comes from other areas of the body such as shoulders and back that are loaded to cause discomfort in the neck, so that at first not aware of our cervical problems. If you do not rectified your posture and seek solutions soon, you can extend the neck pain to arms, head and back and end up being a chronic neck pain.
Symptoms of neck pain
The symptoms in the neck pain can be varied depending on the severity and location of each patient. However, in general people suffering from pain in the cervical suffer from:
- Neck stiffness
- Cervical pain
- Difficulties to move or rotate the cervical spine neck
Specific causes of neck pain
Most times, the muscular neck pain is due to poor posture, emotional stress and overexertion that can be easily corrected with medical treatment or simple and quick exercises. However, in some cases it requires surgery and trunk orthosis designed for neck pain.
- Neck pain affects arm and can reach numb hands and fingers.
If you identify with this cervical pain and the effects, your pain may have originated in the neck or cervical herniated disc due to a pinched nerve in the neck.
The best in these cases is to consult a physiotherapist and check the use of the collar and surgical treatment.
- Cervical pain for certain activities and bad postures.
In Teyder we know that many people suffer from neck pain due to poor posture at work in the studio and even while sitting watching television. Usually, the cause is cervical stenosis hole or compression of a nerve root that has slowly evolved to generate wear neck joints or discs.
If neck pain is mild, you can perform neck exercises and using a collar, but if your cervical pain is severe or prolonged, you must go to a physiotherapist to acquire a collar or a specific neck orthosis and perform some neck exercises with caution.
- Pain in arms and neck with a lack of coordination arms-legs.
Caused by cervical disc herniation or degeneration of the joints, the neck pain can only be solved with surgery, so immediately contact medical experts and acquire the neck orthosis that fits you.
- Neck pain that worsens with increasing activity of shoulders, arms and neck.
This type of neck pain can be or become a chronical cervical pain due to the cervical disc degeneration if it is not treated immediately. So in Teyder we recommend always go to a specialist and have a cervical neck brace for the moments of neck pain.
Other causes of serious neck injuries include medical conditions, arthritis, ruptured disc, sprains, stiff neck, spine infection, etc. So if you suffer from diseases like arthritis, osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia, treat your neck pain can vary greatly, so the best is to consult a doctor and use the collar Teyder for local thermotherapy when the pain is more acute.
Prevention and relief of neck pain
In case of serious neck injuries consult a specialist to use a cervical collar and perform exercises. For milder neck pains, Teyder gives you some tips to relieve the cervical pain:
- Use a cervical collar with thermotherapy when it is necessary.
- Apply heat or cold to the area of pain. If neck pain is prolonged, apply first cold and then hot.
- Hot showers.
- Do not perform sports or decrease the intensity of physical activity such as swimming, walking or running without effort.
- Soft cervical exercises without straining your neck.
- Sleep on your left leaning in the fetal position with a pillow to keep your spine straight. The great neck-back alignment is essential to avoid neck pain.
- If you work in an office or spend much time on the computer, keeping the same posture for a long time, make sure to keep your back and neck straight, lean your arms on the table and keep an inclination of 125 ° respect to the computer. You can also do some stretching and move in order to prevent cervical pain.
- Squat down without bending your back, but flexing your knees and keeping your back and neck straight.
- Reduce nerves, stress and tension with activities such as yoga or meditation.
In Teyder we offer a cervical collar and neck orthosis to help relieve neck pain with full effectiveness, click here.